Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Au Revoir Astoria!

Last weekend I, my kids, and Solanah made the short journey out to Astoria, to visit her brother's family... Team Jessup. While Astoria is generally a pretty soggy place to be, we arrive to stunning bright sunshine. I couldn't believe how lovely it was! Being that we are all bloggers, we spent the entirety of the first day taking pictures to remember our trip. Everything was a photo op.
My outfit was cozy and warm with a 50s wool circle skirt, and cozy brown gloves. I added my NEW Leopard print bonnet I won from Dandelion Vintage! It matched perfectly, and was the warmest thing my head has ever know.


We ate lunch several times at Ft. George Brewery, which we clearly recommend. If you know anything about me, you know I like delicious food and craft beers. Even better when you add friend/families. After lunch we headed to Astoria's newest playground. It is huge with play buildings shaped like castles, and boats, and bridges. The kids had a blast while we snapped a bunch of pictures.




Thank you self timer for bringing us one fairly solid picture of the whole group. There are more adventures we went on, but I feel that this might need to be a part deux. This post has been rather photo heavy already. So, tomorrow... be excited to see what else we did!

12 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

The leoprda print bonnet is amazing... and as I already commented to Solanah, the picture of you girls on the swings looks like something out of the film The Edge of Love! See the pic here (I did screencaps earlier this year)

http://pennydreadfulvintage.blogspot.com/2010/07/40s-vintage-style-edge-of-love.html

Twila Jean said...

That is so funny, me and Solanah often joke about how we are the girls from Edge of Love.. minus the sleeping with each others husbands. That movie is one of our favorite style inspirations!

BaronessVonVintage said...

I agree with P.D.: effortless looking glamour. What a fun and fabulous day it looks like you had!

Apothecary Inn said...

I LOVE-LOVE-LOOOOOOOVE your fur wrap! What kind of fur is it and where did you get it? It's so gorgeous and looks great on you! Really compliments your coloring, too!

Twila Jean said...

I got my jacket at my work (an antique mall) Its rabbit fur, and the best color I have ever seen. I love it. I bought it to sell on etsy originally, but its so cozy and warm I had to keep it.

Sarj said...

You look absolutely gorgeous in these photos! I love your outfit - absolutely love a gorgeous dress/cardi/gumboot combo :-)

Bonita said...

You all look fabulous -- and I agree - that leopard hat is beautiful and it looks warm and toasty...I must look for one like that for the winter!

Trina said...

Can I ask a possibly boring question? I really love your fringe, and was wondering how you style it? Is it just curled under and then hairsprayed? Or is it curled around a foam roll and pinned? I'm curious as to how you make it look so smooth, polished and perfect!

Many thanks for your lovely and inspiring blog

Andi B. Goode said...

These photos are such fun!
-Andi x

Anonymous said...

Your outfit reminds me of the movie Meet me in St Louis, for some reason. I now have the urge to go watch it for the millionth time : ) I adore the wrap and bonnet, as everyone has said. I'm a regular reader of both yours and Solanah's fab blogs.

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Kir said...

I love that first picture of you! And all the rest of course. :)

I gave you a blog award. :)

http://ohetredanslamour.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-awards-and-belated-outfit.html

Seaside Studio vintage jewelry said...

Love the leopard hat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...